Contact Me

(251) 752-8684, Facebook: Sean Whatley, Twitter:whatley7113@gmail.com, Skype: sean.whatley4892

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

About me

Hello my name is Sean Whatley and I’m twenty five years old. I was born and raised in Robertsdale Alabama until I was eighteen. Unfortunately by the time I was fifteen I had lost both of my parents. Growing up and till this day my mother has been a big inspiration in my life and it is because of her that I am who I am today. I had always known that I wanted to pursue a higher education, but not having any financial help I knew that attending college would be difficult. After graduating high school I enlisted in the Army as a combat medic and was stationed at an airborne base in Anchorage Alaska, from there I served fifteen months overseas in Iraq. After completing my four years with the Army I moved back home and enrolled into Faulkner State Community College. After a year I transferred over to the University of South Alabama. During my time in the military I was given the opportunity to teach others various aspects of medical care, and it was during this time I realized how much I enjoyed teaching. My major is Education Secondary Social Science.
During my down time I enjoy watching movies, fishing and camping, hiking, and playing soccer. I have a passion for soccer and hope to coach once I start teaching. Another interest of mine is traveling; fortunately while I was in the military I had the opportunity to travel all over Europe and South East Asia.

3 comments:

  1. Alaska and Iraq. Opposites in many ways!

    Welcome to EDM310.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sean,

    I am sorry about your parents. It is good that your mom can be such an inspiration to you though. The memory of her is something you can always keep with you. You have led an interesting life to be so young! I hope to travel to all the places you have been one day. I am also a Secondary Education/Social Science double major. Maybe we will have some more classes together! What year are you?

    Enjoyed reading your post,
    Elizabeth Brooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean,

    Your life story is very interesting! My dad also lost both of his parents by fifteen but, don't worry, he has turned out to be a great man! Not many people can say they've experienced what you have which is a very valuable asset to have a teacher. You will be able to impact students who are experiencing the troubles you've went through. Use that to your advantage!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete